Rates & Terms
(all rates in Canadian funds)
Site Registration Site Hosting Site Work
Primary site = Cost plus my time (Usually $10-20 total for a single site)
Pointer sites * = Same as primary less:
20% when registered at the same time as the primary
* A pointer site has no content. Its sole function is to forward any visitor landing on it to the primary site automatically. Site owners register pointer sites for a variety of purposes such as:
Protecting their "brand"
Re-directing visitors who use common mis-spellings of their site's name
Assisting in search engine optimization
Site registration fees are not refundable if the project is cancelled.
Primary site = $66 per year ($5.50 per month)
Pointer sites = $24 per year ($2.00 per month)
Any unused portion of the hosting fees is refundable:
~ in full if the project is cancelled by me
~ in part, if cancelled by the client, as follows:
- for a single site a $20 admin fee will be deducted
- for multiple sites cancelled together a $15 per site will be deducted
$40 per hour
For an explanation of my below market rates please visit this site's About page.
1% per hour Accumulated Hours Discount to a maximum of 20%
20% non-profit discount
All current clients will receive at least 30 days notice of any changes to my hourly rate. Discount rates and are subject to change without notice)
New client Deposits
New Site Creation $200
Existing Site Maintenance/Updating $100
Any unused portion of any deposit is refundable if the project is cancelled by WebEasy Services.
Quotes specifying a “probable cost range” are available on request to prospective clients who can provide a detailed site plan. Such clients will not be invoiced for more than the maximum "probable cost" quoted for any work specified in the plan. Extra work resulting from additions to, or variations from, the plan will be invoiced separately.
A prospective client without such a site plan may either:
1) engage my services to help develop a plan with the resulting plan being the property of the client whether or not they subsequently choose to engage my services to build the site at my standard hourly rate and discounts.
~ or when it is mutually agreed that it is practical to do so ~
2) engage my services to proceed without a detailed site plan based on any existing notes, examples, templates and on-going discussion at my standard hourly rate and discounts for whatever the total amount invoiced for the site ultimately turns out to be.
Building a web site will generally be invoiced at the following stages though there may be variations depending on the nature of the project:
(1) A paid invoice will be issued on receipt of the appropriate deposit
(2) If, at the time a first draft of the site is posted on-line for inspection by the client, there is a balance owing over the amount deposited I may, at my own discretion, issue a second invoice.
Please note: The draft posted will contain the basic design elements (lay-out format, colour pallette, fonts, etc.) plus the initial pages and possibly some some sample or actual page content.
Please note: All time spent in research, preparation, meetings, communications, planning and otherwise working toward the completion of this first draft will be included in this invoice.
(3) If, at the time the completed site is posted publicly, as authorized by the client, there a balance owing to WebEasy I may, at my own discretion, issue an invoice for. Alternatively I may include that balance in my first monthly invoice if the client will be using my on-going site maintenance services.
4) All adjustments, maintenance and upgrading work done on the site, subsequent to its public posting, will be invoiced monthly.
Please note all invoices are payable within 14 days
If a site building project, or an on-going site maintenance agreement, is cancelled by either party all un-invoiced services will be invoiced immediately.
Minimum Time Periods Invoiced
5 min. for any site work
10 min. for phone or email communications,
20 minutes for meetings in my home office,
1 hour for meetings elsewhere in the Greater Victoria area (includes up to 1/2 hr travel time).
Clients with projects that can be handled via telephone, internet and e-mail communications can, of course, utilize my services from anywhere under the terms specified above.
Clients requiring my physical presence outside the Greater Victoria area of British Columbia, Canada must deposit a negotiated minimum fee that includes my travel time and costs.